miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAT-PMP Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> NAT-PMP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
udp3074

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: NAT-PMP Questions Reply with quote

i have tomato by shibby firmware v128 and for testing purposes i've disabled upnp, left nat-pmp enabled rebooted then check if my ps3 would have an open nat for multiplayer first person shooter, but turns out that it was moderate no open ports listing for the ps3 udp port 3658 either. Black Ops is the game and usually udp 3074 is opened as well for demonware. Is there something that nat-pmp doesn't like about the PS3 or something i check to ensure port mapping is done efficiently. I'm not very good at codes, i do use linux but i'm just a regular user still learning moderate not advanced yet. Maybe if i clear the nvram for my router and select nat-pmp then try again worth a try. however i'd like to know if there is cli to use in order to find out why it's not mapping out for the PS3.

Thank you
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the PS3 supporting NAT-PMP or PCP protocols ?
I was not aware of that. I thought PS3 was only supporting UPNP protocol (if this is the case you NEED to enable UPnP)
udp3074

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: I did some research Reply with quote

I kinda came to the same conclusion before i had posted on the previous message, but i kinda need some feed back on this when i couldn't find anything information that was concrete. yes, i had been using upnp for awhile but on the linksysinfo.org i couldn't get an answer, if nat-pmp works for PS3 or not but thank you for your response and i'd like to know more on the miniupnp, pcp and nat-pmp your page some information on it and if you could point me to the right direction i'd like to look over.

Thank you
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should look at information from SONY. The PS3 documentation should state what protocols are supported for NAT traversal.
udp3074

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: No Sony Documentation To That Type Of Support Reply with quote

I never really found that information, that is why i came here after asking questions i've put here on your forum and i had been using upnp and just by being curious i enabled disabled upnp rebooted my router with tomato firmware and noticed it didn't work and then clear nvram resetup my previous configurations selected nat-pmp rebooted, then pulled power from router then tried again but same results. Although it didn't work i still gave it a try, but the fact the matter is that sony doesn't have specific information that the ps3 or ps4 can use nat-pmp. however i moved on from that and like to know alittle more about your miniupnp configurations things like that so i can runs type of diagnostics, etc.

Thank you for repling
mark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: NAT-PMO addressed Reply with quote

The Port Control Protocol (PCP) is a successor to the NAT Port
Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP), and shares similar semantics, concepts,
and packet formats. Because of this NAT-PMP and PCP both use the
same port, and use the NAT-PMP and PCP's version negotiation
capabilities to determine which version to use. This section
describes how an orderly transition may be achieved.

A client supporting both NAT-PMP and PCP SHOULD send its request
using the PCP packet format. This will be received by a NAT-PMP
server or a PCP server. If received by a NAT-PMP server, the
response will be as indicated by [I-D.cheshire-nat-pmp], which will
cause the client to downgrade to NAT-PMP and re-send its request in
NAT-PMP format. If received by a PCP server, the response will be as
described by this document and processing continues as expected.

A PCP server supporting both NAT-PMP and PCP can respond to requests
in either format. The first byte of the packet indicates if it is
NAT-PMP (first byte zero) or PCP (first byte non-zero).

A PCP-only gateway receiving a NAT-PMP request (identified by the
first byte being zero) will interpret the request as a version
mismatch. Normal PCP processing will emit a PCP response that is
compatible with NAT-PMP, without any special handling by the PCP

Thank You!!

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> NAT-PMP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: