miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xbox One IGDv2 Moderate Status/Port Restricted NAT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoHiCa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Xbox One IGDv2 Moderate Status/Port Restricted NAT Reply with quote

Hi Thomas, I thought I would pull this out to it's own thread/topic since it is a distinct issue in and of itself. It isn't a show-stopper since IGDv1 seems to work fine. However, with IGDv1 being officially deprecated as of March 2015, it does seem prudent to hammer this in place if possible.

I just built and began testing of the recent 1.9.20160209 release of miniupnpd and noticed that with IGDv2 enabled, the XBox One is once again reporting Moderate (Port restricted NAT) on the Xbox One network utility while the build with IGDv1 is reporting Open (cone NAT). The prior release, 1.9.201601013 reported Open for both IGDv2 and IGDv1. The Xbone has not patched since early January 2016 so there's been no changes on that end as far as I can tell. I took a quick peek through the changes to miniupnpd and nothing jumps out at me as a likely suspect.

The original discussion about this is in the thread linked below (ranging through a few posts before and a bit after the post linked below):

http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4573#4573

Would the usual debug logs (perhaps for both the 1.9.20160113 igd 1/2 and 1.9.20160209 igd 1/2) be helpful? It seems to be fine reverting back to IGDv1 with 1.9.20160209 again.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you were the only one reporting XBox one working properly with IGDv2, so I'm suspecting a problem with XBox one code.
I reached Microsoft through the UPnP Forum, and "Microsoft is actively investigating the root cause of these issues and next steps involved to address them"
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately They expressed that it could take awhile to fully investigate and decide on next steps

So for now I just set default for miniupnpd to UDA 1.1 and IGD v1, and I'll wait for microsoft feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: