miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAT-PMP instead of UPNP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> NAT/UPnP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanueting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: NAT-PMP instead of UPNP? Reply with quote

I get this part of message in my transmission:
Code:
Wed Nov 26 21:00:47 2008           Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP)   initnatpmp succeeded (0)
Wed Nov 26 21:00:47 2008           Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP)   sendpublicaddressrequest succeeded (2)
Wed Nov 26 21:00:55 2008           Port Forwarding   State changed from "Not forwarded" to "Starting"
Wed Nov 26 21:00:55 2008           Port Forwarding   Opened port 49524 to listen for incoming peer connections
Wed Nov 26 21:02:13 2008           Fedora-10-i386-DVD   Got 80 peers from tracker
Wed Nov 26 21:02:56 2008           Port Forwarding   State changed from "Starting" to "???"

Instead of trying UPnP in my router first, transmission trying to have NAT-PMP linkage. However, there is no NAT-PMP provided in my router, is it a bug?
nuclight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely not a bug that it tries NAT-PMP first, but that is a bug that it does not revert to UPnP when receives no answer - there are so many routers which support UPnP but not NAT-PMP.

However you should check if that is configurable and just disabled, before reporting the bug to transmission's authors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> NAT/UPnP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: