miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some ugly changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BABUT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: some ugly changes Reply with quote

need some ugly changes and sorry for my english- i am not coder and i am from russia ^.^

upnphttp.c
*** 405,411 ****
else if(strcmp("GET", HttpCommand) == 0)
{
h->req_command = EGet;
! if(strcmp(ROOTDESC_PATH, HttpUrl) == 0)
{
sendXMLdesc(h, genRootDesc);
}
--- 405,411 ----
else if(strcmp("GET", HttpCommand) == 0)
{
h->req_command = EGet;
! if(strcasecmp(ROOTDESC_PATH, HttpUrl) == 0)
{
sendXMLdesc(h, genRootDesc);
}
strcmp does not work with all upnp-clients

pf example:
pass in quick on pppoe0 inet proto tcp from any to any port = 4662 flags S/SA keep state label "eMule_TCP"
pass in quick on pppoe0 inet proto udp from any to any port = 4672 flags S/SA keep state label "eMule_UDP"
filtering is not working properly, need to use int iface and all accompanying in code(miniupnpd,options,upnpglobalvars,upnpredirect)

debug flag and foreground flag should be separate, if foreground flag is not set all messages will be sent to syslog

miranda do not work with ENABLE_L3F_SERVICE, others my programs do not work with HAS_DUMMY_SERVICE %) this can be fix? ;)

ps: and thanks for bsd support
BABUT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, its bad(but works) idea, better to change add_filter_rule2 for add pass out rule on int. right? ;)
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to answer all your "questions" :
1) about case sensitivity of the HTTP Path : path should be case sensitive ! which upnp-client has problem with that ???

2) I don't understand what you mean by "filtering is not working properly, need to use int iface and all accompanying in code(miniupnpd,options,upnpglobalvars,upnpredirect) "

3) "debug flag and foreground flag should be separate, if foreground flag is not set all messages will be sent to syslog" : that's a good idea.

4) "miranda do not work with ENABLE_L3F_SERVICE, others my programs do not work with HAS_DUMMY_SERVICE %) this can be fix? Wink " : I'm afraid not... If you find a UPNP IGD which work with all your upnp programs, I could try to mimic its root description...
Maybe the simplest thing to do would be to fix miranda to work with ENABLE_L3F_SERVICE. What exactly is going wrong ?
BABUT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. this was one of many sip-clients, i do not remember which(may be 'express talk') :) but i looked http-traffic and understand what the problem. i think its better not by rules, but working, than correct and not working ;)

2. like as 'block out on $int from $any_ext_ip to $client_ip_behind_nat'
(example: 20:16:06.734983 rule 10/(match) [uid 0, pid 6421] block out on re0: 79.42.90.78.1267 > 192.168.200.20.4662: S [tcp sum ok] 3174393578:3174393578(0) win 65535 <mss 1440,nop,nop,sackOK> (ttl 107, id 30635, len 48))
after implementation of "bad idea" %) i seen 'memcpy(&pcr.rule.dst, a, sizeof(struct pf_pooladdr))'. i uncomment and change(sizeof(struct pf_pooladdr) creates funny rules %)) to memcpy(&pcr.rule.dst, a, sizeof(struct pf_addr_wrap)), to comment 'if(ifname) strlcpy(pcr.rule.ifname, ifname, IFNAMSIZ)' and change 'pcr.rule.direction = PF_IN' to PF_INOUT
finally get 'pass from any to $client_ip_behind_nat' -ive never coding and could not do more :(

4. with miniupnpd-20090129 miranda works! :) (if reason in this, not in anything other %\)
Jazzy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABUT, can you contact me (I'm russian too)?
jid: jazzy@jabber.murmansk.ru

I want talk with you about Miranda IM and miniupnpd under FreeBSD.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babut:

1) yes, new versions will be case unsensitive Smile but it is interesting me to know which client has the problem.

2) I still don't understand what you are talking about. Block rules should be set up in your pf.conf before any miniupnpd intervention.
Miniupnpd is only "punching holes" into your firewall by adding pf "pass" rules if necessary to allow the specific port redirection to work.
BABUT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. yes, it was 'express talk' v3.10 - 'ROOTDESC.XML'
http://www.nch.com.au/talk

2. i dont know how it works with iptables(linux is too difficulty for me), but with 'pf' need add 'pass out' rule on internal interface- "punching holes" also needed for internal interface, however use in rules internal interface incorrectly. best way to understand what about i talking- check work in practice. function 'add_filter_rule2' already have part of this.. i dont know how to express it, help me, Jazzy ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Feature Request All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: