miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FreeBSD IPFW Miniupnpd port status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4mat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: FreeBSD IPFW Miniupnpd port status Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been impatiently waiting for a working FreeBSD IPFW Miniupnpd port since 2008!

I am quite aware that Miniupnpd for PF is a working solution however in my case PF does not answer to some of my networking requirements...

I would like to know what is the latest status of Miniupnpd with IPFW? Is there much work to be done? I would be glad to test!

So far it's been a very long wait for us, IPFW users...
jweyrich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 4mat,

Unfortunately I couldn't finish it due to lack of free time. And, as you may know, the documentation on the ipfw API is very scarce, if there's any.
Besides that, it might change with the new FreeBSD version.

The current status:

1. Redirect rules: Based on personal tests, it's working, except for the address translation. I didn't work on natd integration yet. This shall take place thru divert rules;
2. Filter rules: These are completely missing. I didn't start anything;
3. Makefile: for MacOSX, it's necessary to rewrite the install rule considering the LaunchDaemons path;
4. Shell scripts: All "/etc" scripts are missing - They aren't really required, but I believe users would like to have them;

In resume, it's only about 45-50% done.

I can't estimate when I'll be available to carry on this work.
So, if you, or anyone else wants to work on it, please, feel free. I believe any contribution is a win.
    4mat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jweyrich,

Thanks for the update. I really appreciate your effort and time in trying to get this working.

Unfortunately I am not really a programmer to be able to assist you with much of the programming required.

however I will defenitly pass the word around and ask some friends who might be interested.

It's good to see the project is not completely dead and that there has been at least some little progress. Hopefully, in a matter of time, you will have the motivation to finish it.

Many Thanks.
    nuclight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need to do a binary interface to ipfw? Which yes, was changed just recently, this summer in 8.1.

I still think that generic solution in http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=436 is more appropriate, and you even can cut part of the .c file- it was developed specifically for inclusion to miniupnpd. I just have no time to finish the patches for miniupnp itself as it is continue to change :)

@4mat: If UPnP is not so necessary to you but NAT-PMP will be enough, you can take an already-working avtnatpmpd for ipfw.
    4mat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news!

I will defenitely give avtnatpmpd a try since nat-pmp will definitely answer to my requirements. Do you have detailed documentation on how to configure and run with ipfw?

Is this the author's main project site? http://antigreen.org/vadim/freebsd/ng_nat/avtnatpmpd/
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Feature Request All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: