miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to give my own xml file to miniupnpd?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malay

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: How to give my own xml file to miniupnpd? Reply with quote

How to give my own xml file to miniupnpd? I have 8 devices in a network. Each device has its own xml file. The format will be the same for xml. The device identity like MAC address will be stored in that xml file. N

Now the miniupnpd is not passing this xml file to control point. It is just passing its default one. It is preparing it from the code itself.

So is it possible to pass my own xm file?
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniupnpd is generating its xml description "on the fly". see upnpdescgen.c.
I suggest you to study how miniDLNA (which is based on miniupnpd) does to output its own descriptions.
Malay

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

Thank you. So I can not use miniupnpd for broadcasting my own xml file. I have checked the file "upnpdescgen.c" from miniupnpd. It is generating its own xml file. I have checked the code.

I have to complete 3 tasks with miniupnpd:
1. When User show the device under my network places in windows at that time it should show my device information which I have given in xml file. By clicking on the icon it will open my device's web page. The server runs on port no 80. It is working partially now. But not with my xml file.
2. I am also using upnpc application/binary which I get after cross compiling the miniupnpc. I also want to store the devices' details. The details will be of MAC address of particular device. It will be stored in one file. For that I need xml thing to work.
3. I need to give commands to miniupnd from upnpc. And also response from miniupnpd. This is useful for intercommunication between my deivces.

Can I do these task from miniupnpd? I am ready to change the code.
Please tell me if more information is needed.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you can use miniupnpd/miniupnpc code as a starting point to do whatever you want.
Malay

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: ok. Thank you. Reply with quote

ok. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: