miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

client Nat-PMP support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpc Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: client Nat-PMP support Reply with quote

I'm one of the developers on the BitTorrent client "Transmission", and I'm wanting to get rid of our UPNP code and use miniupnp as a drop-in replacement. All Transmission really UPNP for is port forwarding, and Discover -> GetValidIGD -> AddPortMapping API is dead simple. Smile

However, Apple Airport routers use Nat-PMP for portmapping, and since most of Transmission's users on Macs, this is a problem. I see that there's some new Nat-PMP support on the daemon end, so I was wondering, are there plans to add Port Mapping Nat-PMP API calls on the client end as well?
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: client Nat-PMP support Reply with quote

Charles wrote:
I'm one of the developers on the BitTorrent client "Transmission", and I'm wanting to get rid of our UPNP code and use miniupnp as a drop-in replacement. All Transmission really UPNP for is port forwarding, and Discover -> GetValidIGD -> AddPortMapping API is dead simple. Smile

However, Apple Airport routers use Nat-PMP for portmapping, and since most of Transmission's users on Macs, this is a problem. I see that there's some new Nat-PMP support on the daemon end, so I was wondering, are there plans to add Port Mapping Nat-PMP API calls on the client end as well?

I'm wondering if adding NAT-PMP support to the miniupnpc code is a good idea because some of the logic of NAT-PMP is different and won't fit in a UPnP IGD API. For instance, when a port mapping is requested, a different public port can be provided by the nat-pmp device.
Anyway, there are plans to release a NAT-PMP client library, included with miniupnpc or not. Smile
I'll keep you updated.
Charles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: client Nat-PMP support Reply with quote

miniupnp wrote:
I'm wondering if adding NAT-PMP support to the miniupnpc code is a good idea because some of the logic of NAT-PMP is different and won't fit in a UPnP IGD API. For instance, when a port mapping is requested, a different public port can be provided by the nat-pmp device.
Anyway, there are plans to release a NAT-PMP client library, included with miniupnpc or not. Smile
I'll keep you updated.

Glad to hear it. The development tree of Transmission is using miniupnp already, and I'm looking forward to nat-pmp support either in miniupnp or in a sister library. Thanks for all your work! Smile
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a bit late for you but I have now a nat-pmp client that is good enough Smile It's going to be released soon Smile
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniupnp wrote:
maybe a bit late for you but I have now a nat-pmp client that is good enough Smile It's going to be released soon Smile

here : libnatpmp-20071202.tar.gz
Charles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniupnp wrote:
miniupnp wrote:

here : libnatpmp-20071202.tar.gz

Since the author of Transmission's nat-pmp code is AWOL and the bug reports are mounting up, this is very welcome news indeed. Smile

This snapshot has been folded into Transmission's trunk now.
dieting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wanting to get rid of our UPNP code and use miniupnp as a drop-in replacement. All Transmission really UPNP for is port forwarding, and Discover -> GetValidIGD -> AddPortMapping API is dead simple. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpc Feature Request All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: