miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MiniUPNPD setup and configuration help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarmeloLabadie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: MiniUPNPD setup and configuration help Reply with quote

I have installed MiniUPNPd for UPNP from the Quantal repository. I am using the latest Zentyal 3 version. No problems with the install whatsoever, its the configuration that has me puzzled. I was looking at the clearOS forum because they have this package for their OS and others have helped. I can't add the link

So I already have it installed and set the WAN interface to be my eth1 port and the listening IP Address to be 10.1.1.5 which is my lan IP Address on eth0. The part that I can't figure out is it implies that I have to make a manual entry in my IPTABLES for it to work. The instructions mention a script that runs during firewall start so I looked up the hooks for Zentyal and it says to use firewall.postservice for firewall scripts. So as root I created a file in /etc/zentyal/hooks/firewall.postservice and added the IPTABLES code:

##
#MINIUPNPD required tables
##
IPTABLES=/sbin/iptables
#EXTIF= (not required as uses automagic to determine WAN, can be manually specified)
#adding the MINIUPNPD chain for nat
$IPTABLES -t nat -N MINIUPNPD
#adding the rule to MINIUPNPD
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTIF -j MINIUPNPD

#adding the MINIUPNPD chain for filter
$IPTABLES -t filter -N MINIUPNPD
#adding the rule to MINIUPNPD
$IPTABLES -t filter -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o ! $EXTIF -j MINIUPNPD

On firewall restart, it doesn't complain about an error, but when I run: iptables -L there are no listings for MINIUPNPD.

When I restart the miniupnpd service it does add its own chain but there are no values under it.

Just trying to get help from anyone who has worked with this. Thank you.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The init script is now https://github.com/miniupnp/miniupnp/blob/master/miniupnpd/netfilter/iptables_init.sh

it should be executed before miniupnpd. You should check with the package maintainer for you distribution if there is a problem with it.

Also make sure your distribution is using iptables, not nftables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: