miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using miniupnpd for XBOX and XBOX 360

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: using miniupnpd for XBOX and XBOX 360 Reply with quote

The XBOX and XBOX 360 need to have their IP assigned by DHCP in order to use UPnP to forward port and then use Live services.

Microsoft coders have followed UPnP standard that recommend that each device on an UPnP enabled network to have their IP assigned by DHCP.

So if your NAT is showing as strict, fist check that DHCP and UPnP are enabled !
paulus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using miniupnpd as implemented in Routertech RT2.94. Using DHCP and upnp ONE Xbox works fine, however a second Xbox then gets a restricted NAT. Some implementations of upnp can accommodate multipe Xboxes all with open NAT - will it be possible to provide this in miniupnpd?
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I don't have multiple XBOX's, I dont know what is the problem that make the seco nd Xbox get a restricted NAT.
If the cause could be identified, it would be possible to solve the problem.
paulus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a networking expert, however I believe the problem lies in the fact that the Xbox uses fixed ports - every Xbox the same ports! miniupnpd allocates the pprts to the first Xbox, then the second cannot have them and cannot be allocated other ports. Somehow certain implementation get around this - not sure how, but microsoft have "certified" certain implementations of upnp and all of the certified versions can support multiple Xboxes all with open NAT.
paulus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you now understand the requirement, and possibly how to implement it, is this a development that is likely to happen, or is it at the bottom of a wish list?
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulus wrote:
If you now understand the requirement, and possibly how to implement it, is this a development that is likely to happen, or is it at the bottom of a wish list?

well I'm not sure to understand the requirement :
If the XBOX requires to use an already used port, it will fail. The correct implementation on the XBOX side would be to ask for another port. I dont know how other UPNP implementations could get around this.
I guess it would need a lot of sniffing and analysing to understand what happens.
paulus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check this link you will find that a number of routers now can support this requirement. If you have access to any of them you may be able to work out how they are doing it:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-live/1173439-modem-router-list-open-nat-multiple-360s.html

paulus
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulus wrote:
If you check this link you will find that a number of routers now can support this requirement. If you have access to any of them you may be able to work out how they are doing it:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-live/1173439-modem-router-list-open-nat-multiple-360s.html

paulus

well I dont have access to any of this routers.
paulus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniupnpd IS FANTASTIC!

This problem is solved. With all of the options tried - and failed, I finally reloaded the firmware and it worked perfectly, supporting my 2 Xboxes both with Open NAT.

Thanks for you help, and please forgive me for ever doubting that miniupnpd may not be "proper".
karolina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Xbox 360 and I had 2 accounts.Three days ago I signed to Xbox live and I created a new account in my Xbox 360 called Matador. But right now I am trying to play with my cousin in Xbox live. He uses one of the Xbox accounts and I use the other one. We have P.G.R. 4 and we both want to play in Xbox live. We are using one TV and one Xbox 360. How can we play together in Xbox live using one console and one TV? And with out subscribing again to Xbox live can we do that?

Last edited by karolina on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karolina wrote:
I have Xbox 360 and I had 2 accounts.Three days ago I signed to Xbox live and I created a new account in my Xbox 360 called Matador. But right now I am trying to play with my cousin in Xbox live. He uses one of the Xbox accounts and I use the other one. We have P.G.R. 4 and we both want to play in Xbox live. We are using one TV and one Xbox 360. How can we play together in Xbox live using one console and one TV? And with out subscribing again to Xbox live can we do that?

I don't think it is a question regarding UPNP and XBOX 360 NAT status. You should go to a XBOX Live specific forum.
mannii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft coders have followed UPnP standard that recommend that each device on an UPnP enabled network to have their IP assigned by DHCP.
ifrimmel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: DHCP Pre-Assigned IP's DO NOT fix this. Reply with quote

I am currently trying a bunch of different approaches to getting this working.

The bottomline is that it seems that xbox one NEEDS 3074 to get out of the NAT'd network. HOWEVER if there are 2 xboxes, 3074 will NOT be shared properly, nor will the Xboxes fail over to another port.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so there is a bug in XBOX One OS...
payeld09

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: thankyou Reply with quote

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: