miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help using upnpc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpc Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tharvey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: help using upnpc Reply with quote

I'm probably simply not understanding how to use upnpc but I'm not able to get it to find the miniupnpd IGD thats running on the system I'm running upnpc on.

I was under the impression that I could use upnpc to display the current miniupnpd forwards and to add/delete them as well.

My test system has 2 interfaces:
EXTIF: eth0 192.168.0.1
INTIF: eth1 192.168.1.1

so I run miniupnpd as follows:
iptables_flush.sh
iptables_removeall.sh
iptables_init.sh
miniupnpd -i eth0 -p 5000 -U -a 192.168.1.1

on that same system I run:
upnpc -l
and it returns 'No IGD UPnP Device found on the network!'

Perhaps upnpc is not looking on all interfaces? I also noticed that it hardcoded to upnpDiscover(2000) - so I wondered if I had to run miniupnpd on port 2000 but that produced the same results. Is port 5000 the 'standard' port that an IGD has to run on?

On another note, perhaps there is a simpler way to display/delete forwards on the system running miniupnpd (ie, parsing the output of 'iptables -v -n -t nat -L MINIUPNPD' and using iptables to delete forwards if desired, but I don't know if manipulating iptables behind miniupnpd's back will cause it grief).
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upnpc is simply not designed to run on the system being the UPnP IGD.
In order for it to work, both miniupnpd and miniupnpc should be modified in order to allow multicast udp packets to be correctly received on the same host.
upnpc is also using the default interface so you cant be sure it is the right one !
in
Code:
upnpDiscover(2000)
the argument 2000 is simply the timeout value in millisecond, NOT the port.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: help using upnpc Reply with quote

tharvey wrote:
I'm probably simply not understanding how to use upnpc but I'm not able to get it to find the miniupnpd IGD thats running on the system I'm running upnpc on.

I was under the impression that I could use upnpc to display the current miniupnpd forwards and to add/delete them as well.

I now should work as upnpc now accepts -u or -m option.
Code:
upnpc -u http://192.168.11.1:5555/ctl/IPConn -l

You could also compile and use miniupnpdctl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpc Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: