miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fighting with a Belkin router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpc Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTownsend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Fighting with a Belkin router Reply with quote

I found myself in the midst of raw upnp after implementing the COMM interface and finding that XP seemed to have trouble where Vista worked. The first thing I ran across was libupnp. I was very pleased when I discovered your work. All I want to do is add a single port mapping.

I have several routers here and the newest, a Belkin F5D7230-4, reacts badly. XP notices it, but cannot do any port forwarding. Vista handles it correctly. Miniupnp cannot status the connection or add ports. Sniffing the traffic, I find the response to every command is:

faultcode s:client faultstring UPnPError errorCode 401 Invalid Action

Looking deeper, I find that Vista is using the WANPPConnection not WANIPConnection. It also had some slight header differences. I have generated identical commands to vista, yet without luck. My response is always the same. He clearly understands the soap, but refuses the command.

The additional things I see Vista do is get every .xml file he runs across and use SUBSCRIBE on the devices and services. Have you ever seen routers that require async operation for everything? Is there some place that actually describes the way this is supposed to work? I have looked at upnp.org, but the documents don't seem to describe the flow of events very well. From what I see there, this should work. I figure I will ask Belkin, but fear that this particular standard is like the other standards of the industry - more of a suggestion than a rule.

Thanks,

Tim Townsend
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought SUBSCRIBE was to put events notification on "internal variables" change like Status, etc... I don't know how it can work with adding a port mapping.

Anyway thats a very bad thing if your router is not working well with windows XP UPnP because that UPnP implementation could be called the "reference" UPNP IGD implementation (for the Client part and the router side implementation as well). OK now vista is slowly replacing XP but most UPnP devices/software have been tested against XP.

you can post here or send me by email the XML descriptions of the router, maybe I'll found a bug in miniupnpc (that was present in XP too Wink
TTownsend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very odd. I will send you the description by email. It is more involved than the Linksys RTP300, with which XP also had a problem. In this case COMM does not initialize the interface. This appears to be a common error.

Vista does a lot of work before he gets around to the Add. I will contact Belkin as well. Not sure I can make my way to someone who knows what is going on, but it is worth a try.

Miniupnp is well done. I have learned more looking at your code than I have on any of the rabit trails I have followed. Simple and to the point. It is much appreaciated.

Belkin.Txt will follow by mail. Thanks,

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpc Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: