miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to back UPnP to NAT-PMP 'protocol converter'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoshac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Back to back UPnP to NAT-PMP 'protocol converter' Reply with quote

Hi, I am a Mac user with Airport network, so pretty much locked in to the NAT-PMP world for my routing.

However, I also have an OpenWRT WiFi bridging wired PCs and a SIP phone, which support only UPnP protocol.

I am wondering if the daemon and the library can somehow be coupled together, back-to-back, to 'proxy' or convert between the two protocols?

i.e. the daemon listens for UPnP IGD connections from the LAN devices, and sends out NAT-PMP requests to the router for corresponding port-forwarding / public IP discovery.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Back to back UPnP to NAT-PMP 'protocol converter' Reply with quote

yoshac wrote:
Hi, I am a Mac user with Airport network, so pretty much locked in to the NAT-PMP world for my routing.

However, I also have an OpenWRT WiFi bridging wired PCs and a SIP phone, which support only UPnP protocol.

I am wondering if the daemon and the library can somehow be coupled together, back-to-back, to 'proxy' or convert between the two protocols?

i.e. the daemon listens for UPnP IGD connections from the LAN devices, and sends out NAT-PMP requests to the router for corresponding port-forwarding / public IP discovery.

That is a nice idea...
alberteneuman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh... Nice. Yes I agree this could be very useful. Another idea is to make a router that understands both be in the middle, although that would just be a hardware/firmware implementation of your idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Feature Request All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: