miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mediatomb/Miniupnpd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NkM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to create a new log file for minissdpd since I don't have a /var/log/daemon Smile

Anyway, I started minissdpd, mediatomb, and finally miniupnpd. This is what my log file had:

Code:
Oct 20 12:54:49 zelda minissdpd[99970]: device not found for removing : uuid:95d4fcbe-9e8c-4182-983b-e2e320bfad7e::upnp:rootdevice
Oct 20 12:54:49 zelda minissdpd[99970]: device not found for removing : uuid:95d4fcbe-9e8c-4182-983b-e2e320bfad7e
Oct 20 12:54:49 zelda minissdpd[99970]: device not found for removing : uuid:95d4fcbe-9e8c-4182-983b-e2e320bfad7e::urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1
Oct 20 12:54:49 zelda minissdpd[99970]: device not found for removing : uuid:95d4fcbe-9e8c-4182-983b-e2e320bfad7e::urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1
Oct 20 12:54:49 zelda minissdpd[99970]: device not found for removing : uuid:95d4fcbe-9e8c-4182-983b-e2e320bfad7e::urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1
Oct 20 12:55:50 zelda minissdpd[99970]: 5 new devices added

Doesn't seem like there are any errors. I'll check again when I get home from work what the log says when the PS3 tries to search for UPnP services.

Thanks.
NkM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new updates regarding this issue? I can help out and test out any new builds Smile
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I've been very busy lately... Sad
cykotix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for not following this thread. I just wanted to follow up saying that the solution did in fact work for me. I am running as NAT 2 on my PS3 and able to access Mediatomb at the same time using MiniUPNPd/MiniSSPDd.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so everything works well ! thanks for the information !
cykotix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only advice I can give to anyone having issues is to simply break it down 1 program at a time.

Ensure that minisspd is running without errors before starting the others. Follow that up with miniupnpd. If minisspd is already running, miniupnp will say "bind(udp): Address already in use". Then I verified that miniupnpd was running. I tested my PS3 at this point which verified that upnp was enabled and came back as NAT 2.

Once I got minisspd/miniupnpd playing nice and verifying NAT 2 on my PS3, THEN I started testing with Mediatomb. I would assume anyone using FreeBSD would have basic *nix knowledge that can do some basic debugging by just checking logs, running daemons in the foreground or even double checking the process is running with ps, and utilizing netstat/sockstat.

Once all this was working, download Mediatomb-0.11. Patch with mediatomb_minissdp-20081006.patch that has been so graciously provided here. I would imagine this would work with future versions as well provided they don't do a complete rewrite....but it's not like the Mediatomb people are pumping out revisions anytime soon.

If you are using a newer version of curl and get error messages like the following:

../src/url.cc:78:53: error: macro "curl_easy_setopt" requires 3 arguments, but only 2 given

please see here and use the provided patch to fix this. Compile and install and start it up. Once again, if you compile it yourself, you will need to create your own start up script.

This is the basic thing I did. If you require further details, I can try and help the best I can. I can not stress enough though that the order or starting up must be miniSSPDd, miniUPNPd, Mediatomb. If it is not done in this order, you'll get funky binding errors that'll only cause problems.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the curl compile error, here's the patch :
Code:
Index: src/url.cc
===================================================================
--- src/url.cc   (revision 1714)
+++ src/url.cc   (revision 1775)
@@ -75,7 +75,7 @@

if (only_header)
     {
-        curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_NOBODY);
+        curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_NOBODY, 1);
         curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION, URL::dl);
         curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_HEADERDATA,
                          (void *)buffer.getPtr());

LynMs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it need minissdpd mediatomb patch to install, or it can be submitted is to be included in any future mediatomb version Group and independent work? I use FreeBSD7, so we do not have a / var / log / daemon, and create it no good. The only output I get is during the startup process, that is, / var / log / messages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: