miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

messages on Tomato USB firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevorw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: messages on Tomato USB firmware Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm using miniupnpd (1.4 (20091106)) on my Asus router through the USB mod applied to the Tomato firmware (http://j.mp/4FjR18). Everything seems to be running fine but I get a lot of messages from the daemon in my logs and I have no idea what they mean:

Quote:

Nov 30 12:37:58 router daemon.notice miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused
Nov 30 12:37:58 router daemon.notice miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused

Quote:

Nov 30 23:21:45 router daemon.err miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Nov 30 23:25:45 router daemon.err miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Nov 30 23:38:45 router daemon.err miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer

Quote:

Nov 30 23:43:45 router daemon.err miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Nov 30 23:49:46 router daemon.err miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Nov 30 23:53:45 router daemon.err miniupnpd[171]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer

and even
Quote:

Dec 1 12:29:28 router daemon.err miniupnpd[171]: recv (state0): Connection reset by peer

My configuration is below:
Code:

# ps | grep mini
  171 root       676 S    miniupnpd -f /etc/upnp/config
# cat /etc/upnp/config
ext_ifname=ppp0
listening_ip=192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0
port=0
enable_upnp=yes
enable_natpmp=no
secure_mode=yes
upnp_forward_chain=upnp
upnp_nat_chain=upnp
notify_interval=60
system_uptime=yes

clean_ruleset_interval=600
clean_ruleset_threshold=5
presentation_url=http://192.168.0.1:80/forward-upnp.asp
uuid=a78ffdb5-c0d8-479d-8262-f2d2d4c60298

allow 1024-65535 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 1024-65535
deny 0-65535 0.0.0.0/0 0-65535

I have enabled only upnp and disabled nat-pmp.
Can anyone help figure out why these messages appear and how can I fix them? There is only one computer in the network through-out the day, and a laptop showing up from time to time.
utorrent 1.6 and the latest Skype are running (on both computers) and their ports show up just fine in the UI.

Thank you.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the OS of the computer on the LAN ?
This computer refuses http connections for UPnP eventing.
Make sure the firewall is not preventing thoses connections.
trevorw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both computers in the lan are on Windows XP. Due to the problems with the default UPNP service implementation("SSDP Discovery Service" (SSDPDS)), the service is disabled.
As far as I can tell, utorrent and Skype work properly. Should I enable this service back to cope with the upnp events? What ports should be opened?
Is it possible to disable these events or/and improve them so the source that refuses the connections can be pinpointed? - I'm not familiar with the upnp protocol and its appropriate network configuration.

Thank you.
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevorw wrote:
Both computers in the lan are on Windows XP. Due to the problems with the default UPNP service implementation("SSDP Discovery Service" (SSDPDS)), the service is disabled.
As far as I can tell, utorrent and Skype work properly. Should I enable this service back to cope with the upnp events? What ports should be opened?
Is it possible to disable these events or/and improve them so the source that refuses the connections can be pinpointed? - I'm not familiar with the upnp protocol and its appropriate network configuration.

Thank you.

Disabling event support is a compile time option of miniupnpd.
make config.h
and make sure #define ENABLE_EVENTS is commented out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: