miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index miniupnp.tuxfamily.org
The forum about miniupnp and libnatpmp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Porting to Windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
libzhark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Porting to Windows Reply with quote

I'm currently evaluating several UPnP servers for use with custom NAT services on Windows. I know Windows isn't a supported platform, but it minupnpd close to being portable to it? Are there any sort of porting instructions I should look at? It looks like I'd need (atleast) a win/getifstats.c and my own versions of a netfilter/iptcrdr.c/h that hook up to the custom NAT service I'm working with. Would there be large scale refactoring needed, or are most of the pieces in place that these few files would be enough to get a Windows build going?
miniupnp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the current distribution of miniupnpd includes code to manage the following firewall/packet filtering software :
    pf (packet filter)
    netfilter (also called "iptables", the linux stuff:)
    ipf (not well maintained

The work has also been started for ipfw.

But nothing for the windows built in firewall.
compustink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as as I know, you cannot run this in windows. If it is possible, I would really appreciate if someone can post some information how exactly how you would go about doing this. It would really be very convenient if I could run it directly from windows. As it stands right now, I am having to work with two separate OS's. It would be great if I didn't have to do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    miniupnp.tuxfamily.org Forum Index -> miniupnpd Compilation/Installation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: